Ready To Create
AutoCAD has become one of the most widely used computer-aided design (CAD) applications in the world because of its unique tools and features for designing, drafting, and building detailed diagrams. Architects, engineers, drafters, and other industry professionals use AutoCAD to conceptualize ideas, modify designs, generate models, create 2D and 3D renderings, and develop animated presentations. Learn how to navigate the essential tools and grasp the fundamentals of AutoCAD in this hands-on 2-day introductory course.
Using the latest AutoCAD software, learn how to begin drafting efficiently with tools to produce client and presentation ready models. Discover AutoCAD’s unique features and commands, and develop techniques for creating, editing, and printing drawings.
Class participants will then have the opportunity to test their skills and build a project of their own.
- AutoCAD allows companies to design and plan projects virtually which can increase productivity, and achieve both speed and accuracy in developing project proposals.
- Creative ideas can be easily transformed into detailed designs that are close representations of the final project.
- As a project management tool, AutoCAD allows for comprehensive documentation and future reference guides.
- AutoCAD’s online project sharing creates greater communication for teams and collaborators.
- Designing working prototypes or drafting architectural plans are highly-valued skills which are continuously needed across many industries.
- 12 Professional Development Hours/1.2 Continuing Education Units from NJIT.
- Navigate the tools available in AutoCAD
- Set up sheets for print at various sizes
- Know how to use and manipulate shapes
- Be able to create scale drawings and plots
- Create table and schedules
- Import images, PDF files and other drawings
- Create external references to other drawings
- Create blocks and details
- Set up plot styles and understand how to set up line weights
- Create layers