Develop your own App
Android Developer is an introductory overview of how to design and implement software within the Android environment. By blending theory and practice, students with no previous knowledge or experience learn how to build applications by introducing necessary tools and fundamentals of Android applications for mobile devices.
Learn industry-grade frameworks, tools, and best practices on building cloud-connected Android applications. Add knowledge and skills to your toolkit by building working applications and learning UI fundamentals, Material Design, Java, XML, and API from a trained Android developer.
- The Android operating system is one of the most versatile and widely used environments, operating in over 90 tablets, 6 e-readers, 300 smartphones and an outstanding 1.5 million applications are currently offered on the Google Play store.
- By 2020, Android is expected to double, totaling over 4 billion users, creating an incredible opportunity for developers.
- As Android continues to grow beyond smartphones, it will become the brains behind cloud connected computing and the skills learned in this course will help propel you towards exciting opportunities in Android's secure future.
- 30 Professional Development Hours/3.0 Continuing Education Units from NJIT
- The Android SDK - Getting Started
- Android Controls using XML
- Android Menus - Context and Option
- Table Layout in Android
- Android User Interface Themes
- Creating Background Services
- Using the WebKit
- Application Building
- The User Interface
- Programming a Service
- Investigating Multithreading
- Application Provisioning
- Final Project Application Proposal
Who Should Enroll