Prepare for Perfect Execution
Six Sigma Green Belt is an introduction on tools and methodologies that make up the basic structure of DMIAC improvement projects. The DMAIC steps are defined as: Define – Measure- Analyze- Improve – Control. Six Sigma Green Belt will teach you industry best practices and techniques needed for eliminating defects through data driven methodologies. This is an exam prep course to prepare to sit for the ASQ Green Belt Certification
- Become equipped to effectively analyze and solve problems involved in the quality improvement process
- Green Belt certification can be applicable to different industries such as healthcare, finance, IT, & manufacturing
- Provides individuals with job security and growth as companies are in constant demand for process improvement and customer service specialists
- Book/ Online Materials Included
- 48 Professional Development Hours/ 4.8 Continuing Education Units from NJIT.
- Six Sigma Goals
- Lean and Design for Six Sigma
- Measure- Data and Process Analysis
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Improvement Techniques
- Statistical Process Control
- Application of Control Charts
Who Should Enroll
This course is best suited for individuals who want to learn the fundamentals of Six Sigma and how they can be applied to achieve stable and predictable process results. No previous experience is required to take this course, however the ASQ has certain requirements that must be met before receiving the Green Belt certification.
Ed May is an American Society for Quality Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (ASQ CSSBB), Certified Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) and Certified Supplier Quality Professional (CSQP). He spent two decades in industry, where he held positions in Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Management, before establishing himself as a quality consultant, adjunct professor, and on-site instructor.
Ed earned his Bachelor of Engineering Degree from Stevens Institute of Technology and his MBA from Harvard Business School.
Ed specializes in Six Sigma Quality, Lean Thinking, and ISO 9001:2008 Quality Systems. Ed has implemented Six Sigma, Lean Thinking, ISO 9000, and other quality systems at numerous organizations in the New York Metropolitan area.
For the last dozen years, Ed has taught courses in Statistics and Quality Systems for the Engineering Technology Department at NJIT. He has taught courses in Business for the School of Management. He also teaches a series of Lean Six Sigma Courses for the Professional Development & Executive Education Department.
Ed brings a unique combination of academic rigor and real world experience to this SSGB course. His passion for Six Sigma is well known among his students, many of whom have taken his courses and gone on to great success in their chosen fields